Complaints Code of Practice

We aim to provide an excellent service in every single case - but from time to time, things might not go as planned. We take all complaints very seriously and will endeavor to resolve them quickly in every case.

Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and to the benefit of all our members in future.

Our Member Services agents are in the best position to deal with and resolve your issue and should be the first people you contact. You can reach them calling the following free number: +44 (0)113 4032770. Please note that calls to our member service team may be monitored and recorded for training purposes and in the continuous effort to improve the quality of our services.

To make a complaint you can also contact us by emailing us directly to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or alternatively you can write to us at:

iQela mobile
27 Old Gloucester Street
United Kingdom

Please note that it will take longer for our agents and manager to receive your letter due to postage timelines so we recommend that you use the phone or e-mail option if possible.

When contacting us please ensure you include the following information as this will help the initial investigation into your complaint:

  • Your name and address
  • Your iQela mobile number
  • A daytime / alternative contact number
  • Your resolution requirements

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of agent or managers you've spoken to.

After having assessed your complaint our agents will respond to you within a maximum time of 24 hours.

If after contacting us we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks or if there is a “Deadlock” situation, you may refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services, free of charge.

Would you note that Deadlock arises when we believe we have done everything we can to resolve your complaint but can’t reach an agreement with you. You must have followed our escalation process before you can request a Deadlock and we will be unable to send a Deadlock letter if we are still working to resolve your complaint or if your complaint falls outside the remit of Ombudsman Services.

Ombudsman Services is an independent dispute resolution scheme, approved by Ofcom.

We invite you to carefully reading Ombudsman Services guidelines to ensure that your complaint satisfies the conditions for referral. You can find such Guidelines here:

When your complaint goes through the ADR managed by Ombudsman Services, an independent examiner will scrutinize your complaint and make a decision about best way to settle it.

Details of the service are available by contacting us or Ombudsman Services directly:

Ombudsman Services
The Brew House
Wilderspool Park
Greenall's Avenue

Tel: 0330 440 1614
Fax: 0330 440 1615
Text phone: 0330 440 1600

In addition would you take note that from the 15 February 2016, customers who purchase their contract online can use the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform to register a complaint.

The ODR is an EU Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure which signposts a customer to the relevant ADR provider for their complaint. Iqela is a member of the Ombudsman Services Scheme as referred to above. Should the nature of the complaint be one which is covered by the Ombudsman Services Scheme the ODR portal will refer you to Ombudsman Services Scheme. Provided that you are not required to use the ODR Portal. You can approach Ombudsman Services directly as above.

In any case, would you note that unless there is a deadlock situation, Ombudsman Services won’t look at cases that are less than 8 weeks old. To apply to the ODR platform an online form needs to be completed and submitted. Further information on ODR and the form can be found here (

For information on your rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices.

You can find more information about our duties and responsibilities on Ofcom's website:

Ofcom's website also contains a section describing our obligations with regards to the complaints from our members: